Sunday, February 27, 2011

Libby

In October we had to put down our "firstborn". NO, not Ellie. But our sweet and loyal companion Libby. She was 10 1/2 and had a tumor on her hip that she had had for over a year. It started bleeding one day and we couldn't get it to stop so the choice was inevitable. I'm a bit teary as I write this, because our house has been so empty without her. These pictures were taken the night before we took her in. The girls look happy because I told them to smile, but they were really saying their goodbyes and it was so hard:(
Me and matt have always had a dog, since we've been married and we both were going a little stir crazy without one. So we did our research and found a breed that would fit into our family. Although I would get a Ridgeback again in a second. Libby was amazing! Anyway after 3 months of research we decided on a Vizsla. (look it up) And we're now pleased to announce the newest member of our family...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Carolee said...

i miss Libby too. She was such a great dog. But we ca,t wait to meet Roxy!

Elder and Sister Walker said...

those photos of old Libby made me sad too and miss her too. I know how hard that is to say good-bye to your best bud. We've been there a time or two......

The Bensons said...

How sad!!! Can't wait to meet your new one.

Lacee DeG said...

Libby is now chasing tons of friends in doggy heaven! So sad for your family, but exciting to have a new addition (that you didn't even have to deliver :)