7 years ago
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Get Inspired!!
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."— Marjorie Pay Hinckley
I found this quote on my friend Shondel's blog, i told her i was going to 'borrow' it. thanks shondel.
I hope it inspires all of you like it did me, especially this Christmas season to look for those daily acts of service. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Thanks Kim. I may need to borrow that too. I don't think Sister Hinckley would mind.
I have that quote in my scriptures. Reminds ya of what life is really about! Thanks for sharing it.
Loved the quote.... thanks for sharing! You have so many cute pictures on your blog. I LOVE the ones of the girls playing in the snow... they look like they are having soooo much fun. Have a Merry Christmas!!!
Thanks so much for posting that quote.... sometimes I feel like a mess but I really would not want it any other way!
Love you tons. Your photos look awesome.
Post a Comment