7 years ago
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Winner!
I have no memory of ever winning anything in my life (of course, I have a bad memory...) I'm hoping Ellie could break that streak. She got home from school one day and a while later i get a phone call from the secretary of her school..informing me that she has just won a bike! Her school (and a whole bunch of schools in the state) were having a reading contest that lastest all year. Everytime she read a certain number of hours she was entered into a drawing that would take place at the end of the year. I think she was entered at least a million times (this girl loves to read) and they pulled out her name. Only 2 boys and 2 girls in the whole school got picked and she was one of them! We hurried back to the school where they were having an assembly with a magician. It was a big deal! She was SOOOO excited:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I actually saw her in the newspaper!
NO WAY...so cool. Congrats Ellie..:)
My heck! That is awesome. That will make that bike really somethin' special to her......
Post a Comment