Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Behold...THE TREE!

So here's our tree! It's been so fun having a piece of Idaho in our front room. Although it is huge..we're loving it. We had a bit of an incident the other night when it tipped over and shattered balls all over and knocked Hannah down the stairs giving her a goose egg on her forehead...Matt wasn't home so I had to lift the tree off the floor and try to stand it up again-but it was so screwed up I had to rest it on the banister until Matt got home. He screwed the tree stand into a big piece of wood so it is now secure and we're free to roam about the living room again with out fear of it toppling over..i hope! Thanks hun for the lovely paul bunyan tree! (Matt has been so proud of it,he measured it at about 11 feet)

11 comments:

Elder and Sister Walker said...

Wow Matt!! That tree would make
our little 9 footer look small. Now I see why Hannie was so scared. Ellie called me just after it happened and told me the whole story.
It is beautiful now.

Liz said...

Holy cow! That thing is monstrous! It looks great though and I'm glad little Hannie is ok, and that it wasn't Ellie who pushed her down the stairs. Wish we could see you sooner.

Dennis & Hollie said...

I am jealous of your tree! It's gorgeous! I am glad everyone is safe and sound after the monster tree attacked poor little Hannah! After tomorrow I can get in the Christmas spirit and get my trees up and my house decorated! Thanks for your words of encouragement and prayers regarding my finals and my research paper! I need all the help I can get!!! Love you! Hollie

Sperry Family said...

So sad, my sister's tree fell over twice the other day! It's an awesome tree though! I can't believe you drove with it all the way from Idaho, that's cool!

Harris Family said...

That's an awesome tree! Very impressed. I can't believe Maddie is already 6 months. Those are adorable pictures!

Harris said...

I can't believe your tree tipped over!!! Scary. I am always afraid of that but it has never really happened. The tree looks fabulous anyways!!

Jimi said...

I love your tree! That is a great story, and it's one that you are going to remember forever. I hope Hannah won't be to scarred emotionally from the experience :)

jason0702 said...

what an amazing display of festivities! my tree is a fake two footer with gold beads i got at the dollar store. haha!! welcome to japan!

how have you been?? love the blog. you and your family are gorgeous!! keep in touch!!

your favorite cousin--
long lost jason in japan

Lacie said...

Kim that is so hularious and sad at the same time! Poor hannah! Anyways, gorgeous tree. I bet the girls are loving the joy of christmas. Good job matt too!

grapeape said...

what a TREE!!! where exactly did he cut it down? can't imagine how much it would've cost to buy that thing from a lot! our tree actually fell over last Christmas, but fortunately no one was nearby. :) how ARE you, Kim?? i still need to meet that cute Maddie of yours! you really should come to Bunco some time and bring her with! :) :)

Crozier's Crazy Chronicals said...

Thanks for the Christmas card.....love it!